Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hassan Memorial

I was walking down Avenue C this past Sunday, when I saw this makeshift memorial in front of the beloved Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space:

Makeshift memorial.

I didn't know who it was for, but when I saw this sign on the door leading into the beloved C-Squat, I knew I would soon find out.

C-Squat.

It was for Hassan, aka Jerrold Heiserman:

Don't shoot!

A close-up shows the inside of one of the squat rooms:

Inside a squat room.

It's not at all what I would expect a squat room to look like! Where are the bottle caps? Where are the nodded-out punks? And check out that office-style drop ceiling.

It's like the television commercial; It's not your father's squat room!

#eastvillage #avenuec #csquat #hassan #jerroldheiserman #memorials #museumofreclaimedurbanspace #signs #squatters

No comments:

Post a Comment