Saturday, July 25, 2015

Online Petition to Fix Elm Tree Enclosure

Back in January, I made a request to 311 to fix the area around where the gimpy elm used to be:

My proposal.

I received the response:
Work to correct the reported condition has been deferred because of seasonal considerations and will be corrected as soon as possible.
I'm sure with the many important jobs the Parks Department has, this might have slipped under their radar, so I reminded them today!

I also started an online petition, so others can show their love for the beloved Tompkins Square Park elm tree enclosure!

Finding closure in the enclosure… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #tompkinssquarepark #311

2 comments:

  1. Was the seasonal consideration because you made the request in January and it was still too cold/slushy? Now or in the next few months seems like a decent time to do it. Tomkins Square Park is a great place - glad to see there are also community members who are tending to it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABC, I'm pretty sure that was it, re: the seasonal consideration: it was probably too cold, and the ground too hard. Hopefully, they can get to it in the coming months.

      Delete