Monday, February 29, 2016

Waiting For the Bus

I was walking up Second Avenue this past Friday, when I saw this line of people waiting for the bus:

Waiting for the bus.

It made me think: If Lou Reed were alive today, and lived in the East Village instead of on the Upper West Side, he might have written a song something like this:
I'm waiting for my bus
A monthly bus pass, in my hand
It's always frequent, it's never late
First thing you learn is that the MTA is going your way!
I'm waiting for my bus
 
By the way, if you're wondering what those numbers are on the right side of the picture, outside the beloved Professor Thom's bar, wonder no more!

#eastvillage #citybus #lost #loureed #mta #professorthoms #secondavenue

2 comments:

  1. That'd be a downtown bus. It won't get to Lexington 125 anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete