Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Blocked Entrance

If you've got a good memory, then you will remember a story I wrote, oh, about two years and seven months ago, about the beloved Uliana, and the steep steps you had to walk down to get inside.

I thought that would be the steepest staircase I'd find in the East Village, until this past Sunday.

Behold, the beloved Duo NYC, on East 9th Street (not very far from Uliana!), and their cellar entrance:

Cellar entrance.

My first thought was: That can't be right. That sign can't be indicating that the entrance is down those cellar stairs, so I looked at the other side:

The other side.

Yup! There's no doubt about it!

I just wonder: Why did they block the entrance with that sign?

#eastvillage #9thstreet #duonyc #cellardoors #cellars #steps

1 comment:

  1. i think there are a couple of steep-stairers across the street also?

    it is kind of odd, as those are the cellars. i am surprised that businesses are allowed in cellars?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete