Saturday, July 29, 2017

Paintings For Sale

I was walking across East 7th Street this past week, when I saw these paintings outside the Avenue A and East 7th Street entrance to Tompkins Square Park:

Paintings.

I could have sworn that I had earlier pictures of these same paintings, from years ago; I wanted to compare these to those, because I think they're either the same paintings, or reproductions — that maybe they're not paintings at all!

After I took the picture, the vendor, sitting at a drum making noise with it, said if I take pictures I should make a contribution of $1.00. I respectfully declined.

These smaller paintings (or reproductions) lined the fence on the East 7th Street side of the park:

East 7th Street side.

In the rightmost painting (or reproduction), am I imagining things?!

#eastvillage #avenuea #7thstreet #paintings #tompkinssquarepark #billcosby #donaldtrump #barackobama

3 comments:

  1. i see a family blowing out the '43' candles on the cake? or am i missing something?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a while, but I finally figured it out!

      Delete
    2. i got it now - thanks!

      I-)

      Delete