Monday, June 27, 2016

Don't Blink or It Will Disappear

What can anyone say but "Wow!"?

A mere sixteen days ago, I wrote about a new mural painted on the side of the beloved Foot Gear Plus, at the corner of First Avenue and St. Mark's Place.

At that time, I wrote: "…this new mural will delight East Villagers for months to come."

On Saturday, I passed by the location again, only to find this:

The mural is gone.

The mural is gone!

Well, on the bright side, there's no doubt that a new mural will soon be painted here, one that will delight East Villagers for… any number of… units of time to come!

#eastvillage #firstavenue #footgearplus #murals #stmarksplace

2 comments:

  1. that's a lotta work just to have it painted over a couple of weeks later!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! I wonder if the gray, dismal past was too much of a bad memory for people?

      Delete