Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ray's Cigarette Shop

If you haven't already figured it out, my two favorites places in the whole East Village to take pictures of are: the West Virginia building and fence on East 9th Street; and Ray's Candy Store.

But today, I was shocked to discover that Ray's sells cigarettes!


Here's a close-up:

All cigarettes are $13.

What sort of candy store sells cigarettes?! I wonder if he has all the necessary signs hanging up in the store?

Required sign.

#eastvillage #rayscandystore #avenuea #cigarettes

3 comments:

  1. > I was shocked to discover

    :-) there is gambling at rick's cafe. :-)

    seriously, ray's has sold cigarettes for a long time, hasn't it? the price is astronormous!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they have (sold cigarettes). I probably just didn't pay any attention.

      Cigarettes are expensive!

      Delete
    2. me neither, cuz i don't smoke. i do stop in there once in a while for an egg cream. but do see the xtra hi prices, and wonder how one can spend that much money on smoke?

      btw, ray's will mix you up a custom flavor egg cream.

      I-)

      Delete