Saturday, February 21, 2015

Construction Train at 2nd Avenue

It's been a long time since I've seen one of these:

Construction train.

There are different versions of these types of trains: money trains, that pick up money from token booths; garbage trains, that pick up garbage from station trash cans; and construction trains, that move construction equipment and supplies around, and are used when working on the tracks.

You usually only see these trains at night. I used to see a lot more of them, back when I took the subway at night. These days, if I have to go somewhere at night, I call a car service!

If you're wondering what this has to do with the East Village, I took this picture in the Second Avenue F train station the other morning, on my way to work. Just to give you an idea of how long I've been in the East Village, I can remember when this track was used for the V train! The V train doesn't even exist any more!

#eastvillage #ftrain #secondavenue #vtrain

No comments:

Post a Comment