Saturday, February 21, 2015

Glacier Control

I mentioned that I had more to say about the First Avenue Glacier, and here it is:

I was walking home from work the other night, when I passed the glacier at First Avenue and East 2nd Street. It was quite an opportune moment to be passing by, because I saw this:

DSNY salt truck backing up over glacier.

The Sanitation Department salt truck slowly backed up over the glacier, its beep-beep-beep in full effect. Then, just as I suspected was about to happen, it started dispensing salt!

DSNY salt truck dispensing salt on glacier.

The sanitation workers go to great lengths to keep East Villagers safe. The next time you see one of them, say "Thank you! Thank you Mr. Sanitation Department worker, for keeping us all safe! In the East Village Today!"

#eastvillage #firstavenue #glaciers #2ndstreet #dsny

2 comments:

  1. that is huge! the glacier, that is. well, the truck, too! and the amount salt as well.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I expect to see polar bears there soon!

      Delete