Sunday, February 22, 2015

Poised to Make History

It occurred to me last night, while I was walking down St. Mark's Place in the cold: I think I know why the cool old pickup truck is still parked here.

Cool old pickup truck still parked on St. Mark's Place.

Recent newspaper articles have told of the upcoming 40th anniversary of the release of the album Physical Graffiti, by a band called Led Zeppelin. The album cover was a photograph of the building beside Big Steve's Fun City. I wrote about it here.

I think the owner of the cool old pickup truck is looking to get his truck into the photos that will be taken in the near future! Maybe he'll even get to meet Jimmy Page!

That's what I would do if I had a cool old pickup truck… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #cool #pickuptrucks #stmarksplace #ledzeppelin #physicalgraffiti

5 comments:

  1. that cool old pickup truck looks just as cool at night as it does in the day!

    p.s. i like how the snow accentuates the swoops on the fenders.

    p.p.s. a great photo!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost mentioned the snow over the fenders too — the one on the right looks like an eyebrow!

      I like when nothing is parked in front of or behind this truck; it allows me to get more of its natural environment into the shot!

      Delete
    2. re: nothing is parked

      and it does not look unnatural either.

      I-)

      Delete
    3. they both look like eyebrows. and big owl eyes! :-) looking over that snow bank. and the rest of the head is under the street. :-)

      I-)

      Delete