Sunday, February 8, 2015

Falling-Down Building

Sometimes people ask me, they say: "Hey East Village Today, what's up with that building on Avenue C and East 3rd Street, anyway?"

Building on Avenue C and East 3rd Street – 9/2014.

Well, the answer is this: It's falling down. Take a look:

Sagging in the middle, separating on the left edge.

There's even a chain attached to the scaffolding, but I don't know which one is holding up which!

Chain attaching building to scaffolding.

One of these days it's just going to crash to the ground, pulling the scaffolding down on top of it. Someone will say: "Was that a truck driving by?"

"I don't know. I guess we'll hear about it on the news tomorrow."

Eventually, I'll pass by again and think: What was it that used to be there?

Just another day… in the East Village!

#eastvillage #abandonedbuildings #avenuec 3rdstreet #chains

2 comments:

  1. :-) for a second there, i thought this was the same building as in your 'Primed And Ready To Go' posting - similar color paint, similar color scaffolding, on the corner. :-)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete