Friday, February 20, 2015

The East Village in the Cold

People sometimes ask me, they say "Hey, East Village Today, what does the East Village look like when it's really cold out?"

So here are some pictures that I took this morning, when the temperature was 2 degrees!

This is East 3rd Street at Avenue B:

East 3rd Street when it's cold.

It's so cold, there was ice on the ground!

The local New York Sports Club on Avenue A is darker, but just as cold:

Avenue A in the shadows, when it's cold.

And the First Avenue Glacier, that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, is back:

First Avenue Glacier, in the cold.

I'll have more to say about that later!

It was so cold, people had to put on a second sweater — in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #avenuea avenueb #cold #firstavenue #glaciers

4 comments:

  1. too bad there is no 'temperature' attribute in html5. :-)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wrote to them at W3C about that, but they haven't responded yet!

      Delete
  2. btw, what's up with that glacier? has anyone 311-ed that there is a water leak there?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that caused by a water leak? I thought it was just a low-lying area.

      Delete