Sunday, September 14, 2014

9th Street Block Party

As I wrote in another post, East Villagers love street fairs.

Yesterday was the 9th Street Block Party, slated to begin at 11:00am. This is the scene looking eastward, at 11:13:

A lot of empty space, looking eastward.

Westward ho! 11:18:

A lot of empty space, looking westward.

Some people made it out on time:

Location, location, location!

I decided to walk around and capture other moments in the life of the East Village. An hour later, I made my way back, to discover…
Old Flat Top!

His master's voice.

Literally:

Playing for the crowd.

Not many people made it out in the hour I was gone:

Looking eastward, 12:34pm.

This guy was here, with his multi-colored glassware:

Multi-colored glassware vendor.

He was at the 10th Street Block Fair too!

Multi-colored glassware vendor with hat.

Street fairs are popular gathering points for East Village celebrities:

Jim Power, the Mosaic Man.

Later in the afternoon, it rained. Still, a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. The 9th Street A-1 Block Association14 September, 2014 13:04

    As mentioned on EV Grieve, several vendors chose not to set up because of the weather forecast, but we think we had pretty decent foot traffic after noon, considering (as depicted in your last photo with Jim Powers). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to make the street fairs. I don't usually buy anything, but I like the atmosphere.

      Delete