Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blogger vs. WordPress

This has nothing to do with the post.

I used to have a blog on WordPress. I decided to use Blogger for this one, just to try it out. So far, I don't like it so much.

The main problems are that I can't link to past posts easily. With WP, when I wanted to add a link, I could type (or paste in) the link, but I was also presented with the list of previous posts that I could select.

I can't revert to previously-saved versions of a post. WP gave me a list of previous saves, the way Wikipedia does, and that was helpful.

I can't see who my subscribers are.

I can't respond to comments without going to the page the comment exists on. There's a Comments page, but no Reply ability. With WP, I could reply from the Comments page. I could even edit the comment (heh heh heh)!

What I do like is the look. I really like the background and fonts on this page. The WP pages are more austere.

I already reserved the name "East Village Today" on WordPress, and I'm setting up a test site. I'm not sure yet if I'll switch, but it's a possibility. I'll let you know if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment