Wednesday, September 3, 2014

East Village Hotel

Another hotel in the East Village is the East Village Hotel, on East 9th Street.

East Village Hotel

I never really noticed this place before — maybe it's new. I looked inside the closed door and it looks everything like the entrance to any tenement building, except carpeted. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I figured that guests must be given keys and just let themselves in.

I put the camera up to the glass of the door and focussed, when suddenly the door opened. It turns out there's a desk just to the right as you enter. I told the guy I didn't want to come in, I was just taking pictures.

"This is private property," he said. "You can get pictures from the web site."

I thought: "Every building I take pictures of is private property."

The impulse came to me to take the picture of the stairs leading up while the door was still open, but I didn't. Instead I said "I'll just take the picture from outside," which is what I meant to do in the first place.

So here it is:


I probably should have taken the picture when the door was open!

No comments:

Post a Comment