Saturday, November 8, 2014

More Posts About Buildings and Paint

This is the last of my posts about my trip across East 9th Street yesterday. It ends with this store, which oddly enough is painted the same color green as the 9th Street Haberdashery. I wonder if they're related? Probably they just shared the same can of paint! East Villagers are resourceful!

Linger on, your pale green… storefront.

What is that thing, anyway?

Mystery thing.

If you look closely, you'll see that there are hinges on top, so at one time the top opened, but when I tried to open it, I discovered that it was nailed shut.

It seems to cover an entrance to the basement. Maybe it was a coal chute?!

Here's a close-up:

Close-up.

Again, I must say: A little bit of paint, people! Not only would it protect this… thing, it wouldn't be such an eyesore!

But ugly sells, in the East Village!

#eastvillage #9thstreet #paint #disrepair

6 comments:

  1. You REALLY need to get a life. An 8 year-old's perspective on the neighborhood would be far more interesting to read than the mindless garbage you're posting. Please stop embarrassing yourself you talentless hack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding. I'm glad to see you agree with me about the need for painting!

      Delete
  2. Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character and the Aristotelian unities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young lady, I am getting just a tad tired of your attitude problem!

      Delete
  3. keep up the good work. i would give you a star if i could figure out how put a sticker on the blog.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete