Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Giant Step Forward

Back in early March, I said that since DeRobertis Pastry Shoppe on First Avenue was now closed, First Flight Music School should ask the new building owner to remove the awning that had been blocking their windows.

I happened by there yesterday morning, on my way to work, when I saw that they've done just that:

Light-blocking awning removed.

East Villagers couldn't be happier with the way things have been shaping up in the neighborhood this Spring! Next step: remove that dingy Pastry Shoppe sign.

It's out with the old and in with the new… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #derobertis firstavenue #firstflightmusicschool #signs

2 comments:

  1. i think a good power wash will bring that neon back to a sparkle!

    p.s. i thought that the new bagel store was going to use part of that old neon sign as their store front sign - 'bagel shoppe'?

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that they're going to maintain the old decor also, but my guess is that much of it is in bad need of repair, and won't be salvageable.

      The neon sign might be. Time will tell!

      Delete