Friday, June 5, 2015

Crusty in a Wheelchair

I was walking across St. Mark's Place a couple of days ago, when I saw this collection of orange cones:

Collection of orange cones.

I didn't know why I needed to take this picture, other than the sheer number of cones, and the fact that they didn't seem to be guarding anything as large and their circumference. But something told me to do it.

It wasn't even the wheelchair, which I saw when framing the picture:

Not the wheelchair.

I kept walking, thinking I'd probably delete the picture when I got home, when I saw this, on First Avenue:

Crusty in a wheelchair.

At first, I didn't make the connection. I just thought "Wow, that crusty must have pretty good insurance, if it pays for a wheelchair"!

As a postscript, their companion was none too please with these two's shenanigans:

None too pleased.

Neither was his dog!

#eastvillage #crusties firstavenue #wheelchairs #stmarksplace #dogs

2 comments:

  1. :-) is that the krustee version of citibikes? :-)

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the crusty version of citibikes that do look like the First Avenue pay phones!

      Delete