Monday, June 1, 2015

The Shy Performer

The East Village is full of aspiring musicians, waiting for their big break. You see them at open-mic night, or in the park, or even on the sidewalk!

I was walking down First Avenue on Saturday evening, when I saw this aspiring guitarist:

Aspiring guitarist.

After I took his picture, I stopped to watch and listen. As soon as I did though, he stopped playing, and started shuffling through the papers he had in a binder beside him, muttering something about not knowing the song well enough, and what should I play instead?

I realized that he was suffering from stage-fright, so I kept walking — I didn't want to discourage him from realizing his dream!

One step at a time… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #firstavenue #musicians

1 comment:

  1. too funny to even post a comment about!

    p.s. i like how that painting behind him seems to be a reflection of his legs, but not really. you took that at just the right view!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete