Friday, October 31, 2014

Handsome Dan's

Sometimes, I think a store is new and it turns out to have been there for years. Other times, a store that's open for years closes, and I can't remember what was there, when I pass the vacant storefront.

I saw this for the first time today, walking up First Avenue. I think it's new, but I can't be sure:

Handsome Dan's Snocone & Candy Stand.

Snowcones are very popular in the East Village, and many former snowcone street vendors have taken to moving indoors.

R. H. Macy started that way too, not too far from this location. He used to sell things from a pushcart, then he moved inside.

Maybe someday Handsome Dan's will be in Herald Square, the biggest snowcone store in the world!

Handsome Dan's in Herald Square.

#eastvillage #firstavenue #handsomedans #heraldsquare #macys #snowcones

1 comment:

  1. It's been there for a few years; it used to be a musical instrument store and before that I believe that it may have been half of Pelicione's Pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete