Monday, December 22, 2014

Cool Old Pickup Truck Renovations

I was walking across East 9th Street the other day, when I noticed a remarkable change to the cool old pickup truck that resides there:

Spare tire mounted in bed.

The spare tire is now mounted in the bed of the truck!

Here's a close-up:

Close-up of spare tire.

Back in November, the spare tire was in the cab:

Spare tire in cab.

I told an East Village Today commenter that I would post pictures of the front and back of the cool, old 9th Street pickup truck when I could get decent shots. I had a couple of pictures, but they weren't straight-on enough, so I didn't post them. This is one of them:

Back view of cool, old pickup truck.

You'll notice that the lettering is red. In the new pictures, it's white:

Lettering is now white.

You can see it's smudged too, as if someone rubbed their hand on it. You can also see a handprint on the side of the bed. Here is a close-up:

Close-up of handprint.

Since I posted the back view, I might as well post the front view also:

Front view of cool, old pickup truck.

It's not the straight-on shot I wanted, but it's hard to get those with other cars parking in front and in back of this truck.

Renovations to the West Virginia building and pickup truck, all at the same time — things are looking up… in the East-9th-Street-West-Virginia East Village!

#eastvillage #9thstreet #westvirginia #renovations #cool #cars #pickuptruck

2 comments:

  1. thank you, mysterious blogger, for the frontals and backsies!!!

    that is one very cool looking truck. i like how you caught that hand print on the side.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete