Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bicycle Junkyard

UPDATED 3/14 — Now with more close-ups!

---

The melting of the snow and ice that blanketed the East Village recently has uncovered not just mounds of litter, but demolished bicycles as well!

Here are some examples I saw yesterday morning, on St. Mark's Place:

Helter-skelter arrangement.

I don't know if you can see it, but one of the bicycles is upside-down:

Close-up of upside-down bicycle.

This elongated bicycle is a mess of twisted and rusted chains:

Twisted and rusted chains.

Here's a close-up:

Close-up.

The bicycle on the left matches the cone at the top/left:

Bicycle matches cone.

Now that the snow is gone, East Villagers will have a time straightening out the disheveled state of their bicycles. Good thing for Citibikes!

#eastvillage #stmarksplace #bicycles #snow

2 comments:

  1. and with a white banana seat, no less - tres retro!

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh rats! I meant to put in a close-up of that bike last night, but I was so psyched by my paparazzi post that I forgot!

      Delete