Saturday, March 14, 2015

Discarded Antique Dress Form

Well, it's time for me to get off my high horse and get back to work!

I was walking across St. Mark's Place the other day, at First Avenue, when I saw this:

Antique dress form.

And in true East Village fashion, it's chained to a street sign! It even has a chain around its waist, for good measure! (Get it? Dress form… good measure?)

Yesterday's means of production become today's street art installations… in the East Village Today!

#eastvillage #stmarksplace #chains #firstavenue

2 comments:

  1. i perceive a much, much, deeper meaning, a statement, several:

    - that fashion is tied to what is happening on the street, and not what comes out of the design studio

    - that you have to steel yourself to be fashionable

    - that the next skirt length will be very long but not quite ankle length

    - those long skits with be accessorized with a chain loosely hanging around the hips

    - the next list of pantone fashion colors will include 'orange rust'.

    I-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Pantone 471 has long been one of my favorite Pantone colors! I think it's the color Tom's of Maine uses for the cap of their Cinnamint toothpaste!

      Delete